About This Episode: Nick Symmonds: From 800m to the Marathon, CEO of RunGum – EJP 90
Nick Symmonds is a a five-time US 800m champion, two-time Olympian, silver medalist at the 2013 IAAF World Championships in Moscow and fifth place finisher at the 2012 London Olympics. He recently retired from track & field and is now focusing on further growing his business RunGum, a performance-oriented chewing gum with caffeine. You can follow Nick on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In this interview we talk about:
– Nick’s sporting background and progression in running
– Life as a pro track & field athlete
– His 3h00m35s marathon debut
– What he learnt on the track that he now uses in business
– Achievements, disappointments and future goals
The endurance Junkie Podcast is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people like triathletes, runners, cyclist, etc… get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/junkie to support the show and get a free quote.