About This Episode: Lucy Bartholomew: Young Gun & Elite Ultrarunner – EJP 83
Lucy Bartholomew hales from Australia and is one of the world’s best young trail runners. Completing her first 100k race at the age of 15, Lucy’s race credentials are nothing but impressive. She was Junior Skyrunning World Champion in Chamonix a few years ago, she won the YCC (the Youth event) at UTMB in 2016 and this year she won the Ultra-Trail Australia 100k on her 21st birthday and placed 5th at TDS – the wilder and more technical sister race of UTMB. You can follow Lucy on Facebook and Instagram.
In this interview we talk about:
– Lucy’s sporting background and progression in ultrarunning
– How her training has evolved over the years
– Her expectations going into Saturday’s Ultra-Trail Cape Town
– Her conscious decision to eat a plant based diet
– Achievements, disappointments and some great advice