About This Episode: Ashleigh Gentle: #2 on the 2017 World Triathlon Series Final Ranking – EJP 82
Ashleigh Gentle is an Australian triathlete who is currently ranked second on the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Series Ranking. Ashleigh started triathlon at the age of 14 and quickly ditched the team sports she was also doing to focus on swimming, cycling and running. She made her first Junior World Championship Squad at age 16 and hasn’t stopped improving since. Today, she is a regular on the Triathlon World Series podiums and has her sights set on Commonwealth Gold in 2018. Fueled by a sub-par performance at the 2016 Rio Olympics, Ashleigh will no doubt be a contender for a medal at the 2020 Tokyo Games. You can follow Ashleigh on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In this interview we talk about:
– Ashleigh’s sporting background and progression in the sport
– The effect of switching coaches after the Rio 2016 Olympics
– The difficulties of being in a relationship with another pro triathlete
– Commonwealth Games 2018, Tokyo 2020 and beyond
– Her thoughts on Gwen Jorgensen’s move from ITU racing to marathon running.