About This Episode
Parkour or freerunning is a holistic training discipline focussing on using the human body for propulsion over obstacles and can include running, swinging, climbing and jumping. Dan Edwardes has studied practical movement and physical fitness his entire life, with an elite background in fighting arts before he found parkour in 2002. He is a co-founder of Parkour Generations, the world’s largest organization for parkour and freerunning and now travels the globe to teach and help the sport grow even more.
In this interview we talk about:
– Dan’s sporting background
– The history of parkour & freerunning
– Why athletes should adopt an holistic approach to their training
– How endurance athletes can benefit from incorparating parkour into their training
– Parkour Generations and teaching parkour all over the world