About This Episode
Ash Dykes strolled into the record books after spending 78 days alone crossing the unforgiving land of the high Altai Mountains, scorching Gobi Desert and the seemingly-endless Mongolian Steppe.
He battled raging sandstorms, heat exhaustion and the unrelenting loneliness of crossing the world’s most sparsely populated country at walking pace.
In this interview we talk about:
– His background growing up in Wales and where his desire for adventure comes from.
– His past adventures in China, Vietnam, Australia and India.
– Where the idea for the Mongolia walk came from.
– Logistics and planning the record breaking attempt.
– The challenges he had to overcome.