About This Episode
Originally from the East Coast, Matt Hart made the move to Seattle in 1998 to work for Microsoft Corp. After seven years as a software test engineer, coaching, ultra distance racing and training had slowly taken over his life. In December of 2005 Matt left his desk job to pursue a career in coaching and athletics.
In this interview we talk about:
– His sporting background and how he ended up in ultra running.
– Why he left a great job at Microsoft for a career in endurance.
– The present state of the sport and how he sees the future.
– Nolan’s 14 and why it is such a challenge.
– Training tips for first-time ultra runners.
– His bucket list.