About This Episode
Dr. Jim Afremow is a mental coach, licensed professional counselor, and the author of The Champion’s Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive. He is the founder of Good to Gold Medal, PLLC, a leading coaching and consulting practice that provides individual and team mental training services across the globe to athletes, teams, and coaches in all sports, as well as to parents, business professionals, and all others engaged in highly demanding endeavors. He is passionate about helping others achieve peak performance and personal excellence, and reach their true potential.
In this interview we talk about:
– His background and why he became a mental coach.
– What defines ‘mental toughness’.
– The importance of the mental aspect in talent detection.
– Tips on dealing with ups and downs during training and racing.
– How the mind can play an important part in recovery.