About This Episode
Richard Ussher hails from Nelson, New Zealand and is widely regarded as the premier multisport athlete in the world. Richard represented New Zealand in the freestyle skiing event of moguls at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan, before switching to Adventure Racing and Triathlon.
With five Coast to Coast victories, three Adventure racing World titles, an 8 hour, 2 minute Ironman and a host of world class results from around globe he is still firmly the athlete the young guns are trying to knock off his perch. Richard has been at the top of his game for over a decade and is showing no signs of slowing down!
In this interview we talk about:
– His mogul skiing career and the Nagano Olympics.
– Why he made the switch to Adventure racing.
– His five Coast to Coast wins.
– His Ironman career and a super fast day at Challenge Roth.
– His new role as Coast to Coast Race Director