About This Episode
Phil Collard was diagnosed as having cancer at the very young age of 18 months. The cancer was beaten but, as a direct result, Phil has had two separate occasions in his life (once in his mid-teens and once in his early thirties) when he has been told to prepare for life in a wheelchair.
A genius of a surgeon, a total hip replacement, masses of determination and the support of a wife and two sons later, Phil is now a qualified fitness instructor, a regular cyclist, swimmer and triathlete who recently finished Ironman Sweden!
In this interview we talk about:
– The medical issues he was faced with during his childhood.
– His career in motor sports.
– His second medical challenge
– The road from surgery to Ironman.
– His charity “Honeybones” and his goals for 2015.