About This Episode
Stéphane Vander Bruggen has been a triathlete since 1988. Competing internationally and professionally for his home country of Belgium and adopted country Australia, Stéphane has raced at the sports highest levels and since 2000 has won over 75 Age Group Triathlon categories and titles.
He recently claimed 4 golds at the 2014 ITU Age Group World Championships, winning the Aquathlon, Sprint, Olympic and Long Distance races.
In this interview we talk about:
– His sporting background and how he got involved in triathlon.
– Why he moved from Belgium to Australia and the difference in race scenes.
– His 4 golds at this year’s ITU Age Group World Championships.
– Why he keeps racing in Blue for Belgium and not the Green & Gold of Australia.
– His coaching job and his relationship with his athletes.