About This Episode: Gwen Jorgensen: Chasing Olympic Marathon Gold – EJP 113
Gwen Jorgensen is a professional triathlete turned marathon runner who resides in Portland, OR. She is a 2x Triathlon World Champion (2014, 2015), 17x ITU World Triathlon Series race winner and the 2016 Olympic Triathlon Champion. After winning the gold medal at the Rio Games and taking a year off racing to give birth to her son Stanley, Gwen announced late last year that she’ll retire from triathlon to pursue a new goal: Olympic gold in the marathon in 2020. You can follow Gwen on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and Youtube.
In this interview we talk about:
– Gwen’s sporting background and how she got into triathlon
– How she was able to dominate the sport from 2014 to 2016
– Her decision to retire from triathlon to focus on marathon running
– What it will take to make the US team and medal at the 2020 Games
– Dealing with outside pressure from the triathlon and running community