About This Episode: Sarah Piampiano: From Wall Street to Pro Ironman Triathlete – EJP 112
Sarah Piampiano competed in her first triathlon in 2009 on a bet from a friend, and fell in love with the sport. Over the next the two years she made the journey from newbie triathlete to amateur champion, finishing as the top American amateur at the 2011 Hawaii Ironman. In 2012, she left her full-time position in finance and began competing as a professional under the guidance of Matt Dixon at Purplepatch Fitness, winning several 70.3 and full-distance Ironman titles since. You can follow Sarah on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In this interview we talk about:
– Sarah’s sporting background and how she got into triathlon
– What made her leave a well-paid job in finance and go pro as an athlete
– The differences between being an elite age-grouper and a pro
– Working with Matt Dixon as a coach
– Her 2018 schedule, goals and ambitions