About This Episode: Eric Keeler: Running Across the United States for Spinal Research – EJP 111
Eric Keeler is planning on running across the United States – solo and unsupported – to raise money for Spinal Research and create awareness of the effects of paralysis caused by injury to the spinal cord. Eric will be starting in April 2018 in Lubec, Maine on the Canadian border, traveling through 15 states and 11 major cities along the way, before finishing at the Mexican border in San Diego, California. You can follow Eric on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In this interview we talk about:
– Eric’s own background and how he got into running
– Where the idea came from to run across the U.S.
– The logistics behind such a trip
– Overcoming challenges along the way
– How we are able to support Eric and his cause