About This Episode: Stephen Hyde: U.S. National Cyclo-Cross Champion- EJP 109
Stephen Hyde is the reigning U.S. cyclo-cross champion. Stephen believes in being a student of the sport in all aspects – physically, mentally and emotionally. You may have seen him race on the road or on mountain bikes but his true passion is cyclocross as it seems to fit well with his skill set on the bike, but also because it somehow strikes a chord on a deeper level. You can follow Stephen on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In this interview we talk about:
– Stephen’s sporting background and how he got into cyclo-cross
– His progression in the sport and mentorship by Jeremy Powers
– The difference between cyclo-cross racing in the U.S. and Belgium
– His relationship with 3x World Champion Wout Van Aert
– Future goals (Tokyo 2020) and ambitions