About This Episode: Kate Courtney: America’s Rising XC Mountain Bike Phenom – EJP 100
Kate Courtney is one of the top up-and-coming female cross-country mountain bike racers in the world. Sponsored by Specialized, Kate won the U23 Elite World Cup series in 2017 as well as the American National Championships in the Senior elite category. This year she will be making her debut in the elite category of the World Cup series and she has her sights set on Tokyo 2020. You can follow Kate on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In this interview we talk about:
– Kate’s sporting background and progression in XC mountainbiking
– Moving up from the U23 to the elite level in 2018
– The aggregation of marginal gains
– Kate’s favorite meal: her pre-race breakfast
– Achievements, disappointments and ambitions
The endurance Junkie Podcast is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people like triathletes, runners, cyclist, etc… get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/junkie to support the show and get a free quote.