About This Episode: Josh Amberger, Pro Triathlete and Fastest Swimmer in Kona
Josh Amberger hails from Brisbane, Australia and has been one of the most dominant athletes on the Ironman 70.3 circuit over the past couple of years, earning eight wins and more than a dozen podium finishes. After winning Ironman Cairns and grabbing silver at the ITU Long Distance World Championships, Josh made his debut on the Big Island in style, coming first out of the water and leading the race until the start of the climb to Hawi. You can follow Josh on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In this interview we talk about:
– Josh’s sporting background
– His progression in triathlon, ITU and long course
– Kona pre-race expectations
– Coming out of the water first in Kona
– His bucketlist for 2018 and beyond