About This Episode
Ben Allen is a world class professional athlete with over a decade of racing experience in surf lifesaving, adventure racing and ITU Olympic distance triathlon. He now successfully specialises in XTERRA, winning multiple events of the XTERRA World Tour. We caught up with Ben just before leaving for Maui, where he is due to compete in the XTERRA World Championships.
In this interview we talk about:
– His sporting background growing up in Australia.
– His surf life saving career and how he started triathlon.
– What makes XTERRA so special and why you should give it a try.
– What his expectations are going into the XTERRA World Championships.
– If Ironman and Kona are on the horizon.