About This Episode
John Newsom has been a triathlete for over half his life and now runs a successful triathlon coaching business in Christchurch, New Zealand. Having travelled the world learning from athletes and coaches, John has tried and tested numerous training methodologies whilst developing his own unique style.
Along with Bevan James Eyles, John runs the world’s top Ironman Triathlon Podcast called IMTalk; a weekly show that is listened to in over 100 countries.
In this interview we talk about:
– His sporting background and his career as a pro triathlete in Europe.
– Why and how he started coaching.
– The story behind the IM Talk podcast.
– Project2014 and his build-up to Kona.
– If he is going to get chicked.