About This Episode
Olivier Bernhard’s spectacular 15-year career was highlighted by 4 Ironman Switzerland wins, three duathlon world championship titles and a 5th at Ironman Hawaii in 1999. But, as with many runners, pain in his Achilles tendons forced him to retire.
After retiring from professional competition, Olivier devoted himself to finding a running shoe that would give him the perfect running sensation. In doing so he crossed paths with a like-minded Swiss engineer who had an idea for a new kind of running shoe. And it was this ideal symbiosis of running experience and engineering expertise that became On.
In this interview we talk about:
– His sporting background and his career as a pro triathlete.
– The story behind On running shoes and Cloudtec.
– Foot strike and shock absorption.
– How to choose the right running shoe.
– His 4 factors that are responsible for success in sport and life.