About This Episode
Kristian Manietta is a performance enhancement coach and a thought leader in triathlon training. He’s the founder of Trispecific, where it is his mission to find and develop a smarter and more efficient way to train. One that wouldn’t leave athletes burned out and unable to perform come race day.
His reputation for superior coaching skills and his strong drive to acquire the latest knowledge and information have helped him develop an extensive global squad of online and personal athletes. He has helped numerous athletes on their Ironman journey and to realize their dreams of Hawaii Ironman qualification.
Kristian’s own Ironman performances have gone from 11:27 to a personal best of 8:57:54 and Age Group Champion.
In this interview we talk about:
– His sporting background and why he traded in a pro snowboarding career for triathlon.
– His road from an 11h27 Ironman to sub 9h and how this influenced his coaching philosophy.
– His holistic approach to training.
– How being diagnosed with Celiacs disease changed his view on nutrition.
– Why gluten-free is a good idea for everyone.